Hello and hope you are well. How about a brilliant new opportunity!? Thanks for looking at this great job. Here are the exciting bits:
- Role: Executive Housekeeper
- Property: 5* resort in the Caribbean – looking after 2 properties
- Location: Barbados
- Website: Amazing
- Start date: Soon!
- Salary: $68,000USD + – made up from a base of $50,000US++ plus $18,000 accommodations allowance (both taxed at local rate of 26%)
- Additional: Up to $800 Barbadian dollars gratuity per month (not guaranteed)
- Bonus: Annual 1 month salary discretionary bonus
- Benefits: 3 weeks holiday per year, 2 year contract, free flight to and from the property at start and end of contract.
- Reporting to: The Rooms Divisions Manager
- JD: Full JD on application Attached
The Superb Job Overview
- Accountable for achieving high levels of guest satisfaction with regards to cleanliness, comfort of guest rooms and public areas.
- Directs and controls all housekeeping activities including the maintenance of rooms and public areas in accordance with company standards.
- Working 5 of 7 days a week – perhaps a little more as the operation demands
- Leading a team of 230 currently in the housekeeping team in the housekeeping team plus 40 more in laundry. This includes 3 Assistant Housekeeping Managers, Laundry Manager and 12 supervisors
- Accountable for: Assistant Executive Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisors, Laundry Manager, Public Area Supervisor, Linen Room Controller, Housekeeping Coordinator, Quality Floor Inspector, Room Attendant, Public Area Attendant, House Attendant, Turn Down Attendant, Seamstress
- 618 rooms plus public areas, across 2 properties, 26 acres which are broken into 11 blocks of accommodation
- Huge usage of linen and towels – up to 3000 beach and pool towels a day including the pool and beach area
- Coordinates with the Maintenance and Front Office Manager regarding projects, preventive maintenance and other jobs
- Accountable for maintaining uncompromising quality standards in butler suites
- Supervises and coordinates the activities of Supervisors and Quality Floor Inspectors
- Inspects public areas, restrooms and spot checks guest rooms to ensure highest levels of cleanliness and adherence to SRI standards
- Continually looks for ways to improve operations of the Housekeeping department on a sustainable basis
- Ensures team members are familiar with the resort’s health and safety, fire prevention, hurricane, other natural-disaster and accident/incident procedures
- Ensures suites are in ‘perfect’ condition – all guest accessories, guest supplies in place, clean and well maintained
- Works in close co-operation with and fosters team spirit with executives, identifying problems and solutions to improve the housekeeping and hotel efficiency
- Communicates freely and effectively with all other departments to provide services as agreed
- Maintains standard operating procedures established, where necessary, implements property-specific procedures
- Ensures all procedures are documented and available to team members
- Ensures that the appropriate cleaning materials – chemicals, supplies and equipment – are used as prescribed, perform to standard and conform to SRI environmental guidelines
- Checks VIP rooms prior to arrival for cleanliness, functionality and conformance to SRI standards
- Investigates new and improved cleaning equipment and methods and evaluates their effectiveness
- Spot checks VIP occupied rooms enforcing quality standards
- Ensures logbooks are updated daily
- Maintains control of linen room, utility rooms, equipment and supplies, ensuring adequate par levels, cleanliness and organisation
- Conducts department meetings with team members and attends management meetings
- Maintains daily dialogue with management of Butler department
- Performs special projects and any other duties assigned
You the Brilliant Executive Housekeeper
- You will be an experienced Executive Housekeeper already from a large volume property, cruise ship or similar resort in Europe
- You will have experience of leading a large team of 200+
- Your leadership style will be positive, motivational, firm, and attentive
- You will be able to think on your feet and work with challenges effectively
- You will be a strategic operator with high standard, strong on time management, efficient, strong on L&D and training
- Your personality will be dynamic and fun. You will be a great role model and know your onions!
- You will be skilled in scheduling, allocating and rotations.
- Your experience will show projects, stock checks – including linen counts, and efficiency improvements.
- Skilled in employee relations
- You will have worked with large housekeeping machinery (towel folding machine) and laundry equipment.
- Sorry this isn’t a ‘first time Exec Housekeeper’ opportunity
If you think you are the perfect match for this awesome job, please PRESS APPLY and send your professional CV through to me (but only if you have the experience required). Thank you.
Please kindly note:
Due to the volume of applications, if you aren’t contacted within 72 hours of your submission, sadly this would infer you have been unsuccessful with your application on this occasion – Sorry. However, please review our company website to check out whether we have any other matching roles, and connect to our company on Linked In to be kept in the loop for the new opportunities – thanks. Good luck with your application!
Sending good wishes to you. Stay safe and well.
Best wishes, Russ and the Excite Recruitment Team
Russ at ExciteRecruitment.com
+44 (0) 7 888 999 091