Hello and hope you are well…
I’ve been asked to recruit for a new role and wondered if you were looking for a new brilliant opportunity…? Here are the IMPORTANT bits:
- Role: Director of Engineering
- With: An INCREDIBLE 5* Hotel
- Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Website: On application
- Start date: Immediate
- Salary: € LOTS! Determined by experience – let’s talk
- Tax: Taxed at local rate of 34%
- Bonus: Up to 15% of annual salary determined by KPI’s
- Benefits: Fully serviced apartment on the hotel premises comes with the role
- Relocation: YES! A healthy allowance of €1000 to help you re-locate
- Benefits: Free meals in staff restaurant when working, free parking
- Working: 5 of 7 days – and emergencies
- Reporting to: Hotel Manager and Corporate Director of Engineering
- JD: Full JD on application
The AMAZING 5* Hotel Property
In the centre of Budapest, the gorgeous 5* hotel has 400++ rooms with additional 20+ serviced apartments onsite too plus parking for a plethora of cars in the complex. The hotel boasts a fabulous spa, meetings and events facilities, wedding opportunities, plus 5 restaurants and bars. It’s a premium property which offers its guests nothing short of service excellence. The property is a traditional building and one could call her a ‘mature lady’ whom offers quality, chic-ness, style and panache.
The BRILLIANT Job Overview
- The Director of Engineering is responsible for all aspects of hotel and building maintenance. This includes electrical, plumbing, steam, gas, fire & safety, HVAC refrigeration, interior, paint and decorating.
- Leading a team of up to 19 international colleagues in the department to support all of the engineering activity in the hotel.
- Takes full responsibility for the building, property and plant ensuring that these are maintained as per the Preventive Maintenance program and within the required standards expected at all times, ensuring no downtime affects the hotel and its operation.
- Manages the budget
- Ensures that all firefighting equipment is maintained in first class order and the fire crew has a complete understanding of all procedures, equipment, and alarms.
- Draws up a short term and long-term CAPEX plan, and executes all CAPEX works, enhancements and projects when and as approved.
- Takes full responsibility in ensuring compliance to legislation covering his field of work, all equipment, and certification with particular focus on Engineering, Building, Equipment and Fire and safety equipment.
- Develops and maintains an energy conservation program, allowing the hotel to meet or improve on its annual budget targets. Continuously implements methods of reducing energy consumption and cost without affecting guest quality
- Exercises a hands-on approach to maintenance ensuring visibility within the hotel front and back areas, whilst ensuring that the team is working within the agreed schedules of assigned work in a safe, clean and efficient manner
- Maintains heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment in optimal operating condition by performing routine maintenance and repair checks.
- Works in a safe manner and maintain cleanliness and order in the hotel’s power plant areas.
YOU the SUPERB Director of Engineering
- The position calls for an experienced hands-on individual who can anticipate requirements and is able respond to inquiries and problems in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- You will be currently or very recently working in a large hotel property, retail building, cruise liner, office function or similar grand property.
- You will be most likely based in the EU right now and you will be able to work in the EU without the need / requirement for visa or sponsorship (sorry that’s not being offered).
- You will most probably have a Mechanical Engineering background and be happy to be a hands-on leader.
- Experience with Weisshaupt boilers and York chillers would be a plus.
- You will be keen to roll up your sleeves alongside the team and fix the challenges and issues found in the hotel. You will be resistant to push jobs to outside contractors.
- Your leadership style will be positive and motivational.
- You will have already worked with an international work-force from a diverse cultural background.
- You will have a positive working track record with references from previous and current jobs to provide on request.
- You will speak fluent English and be agreeable and keen to assimilate into Budapest.
If you think you are the perfect match for this awesome job, please PRESS APPLY and send your professional CV through to me. Thank you.
Please kindly note:
Due to the volume of applications, if you aren’t contacted within 72 hours of your submission, sadly this would infer you have been unsuccessful with your application on this occasion – Sorry. However, please review our company website to check out whether we have any other matching roles, and connect to our company on Linked In to be kept in the loop for the new opportunities – thanks. Good luck with your application!
Sending good wishes to you.
Russ and the Excite Recruitment Team
Russ at ExciteRecruitment.com
+44 (0) 7 888 999 091