- Location: The Gorgeous Caribbean Islands, International
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: From $70,000US++ per annum
I am here to sprinkle some SPARKLE on your day today. How about a NEW ADVENTURE?
Here are the details to share with you…HAPPY reading J
- Role: F&B Director
- Company: A 5* Mega Resort Complex
- Location: The GORGEOUS Caribbean
- Salary: Circa $70,000+ USD per annum
- Tax: Taxed at local rate of circa 30% (subject to conditions)
- Benefits: Accommodations allowance of $1500US per month
- Gratuity: Yes, circa $300US per month too (not guaranteed)
- Start date: Around March 2021
- Website: It’s LUSH – you will really be EXCITED J
- Reporting to: The Hotel Manager
- Flights: Provided by the host company to the property
- Contract: 2 year contract
- Required: Visa – support from the host company which takes about 4 – 8 weeks to process
- You: Would need to have education certificates attested when the time is right
The Exceptional Resort
Our partner is a very large umbrella company with a plethora of gorgeous resorts in the Caribbean. These vacation destinations are exceptionally salubrious for the guests and residents whom stay. You might have seen them advertised on the television sometime showing fabulous turquoise blue seas, and stunning white beaches where singles, families, lovers and more rest and recharge whilst enjoying sumptuous food and beverage experiences. Some might decide to have their weddings or special occasions at the resort offering life long memories. The properties have a plethora of hotel rooms, loads of restaurants and bars…so BIG!
The properties offer extravagant opportunities including many delicious restaurants, pizzerias, snack bars, banquets, grill locations, private dinners, conferences, pubs, cocktail bars and dining outlets. There is golf, pampering opportunities at spas and activities to fill the time. Scuba diving, snorkelling, water skiing or just lounging on the hot beach with a cool cocktail in hand. Just imagine! Whether the guest is staying in the hotel or one of the fabulous villas, they will enjoy a vacation of a life time…and of course want to come back time and again.
The Exceptional Role
Working amongst a team of internationals, with a high percentage of local work-force, you will be able to lead, motivate and guide your colleagues to ensure service excellence for the guests. You will need to have a patient approach to lighting the fire within the team rather than underneath them, to promote timeliness and high attention to detail. Working amongst a resort offering multi-site outlets of restaurants, bars, buffets, snack locations, fine dining and more, you will be accountable for a team of over 200+.
Working mostly 6 days a week…but sometimes 7 (determined by seasonal occupancy), and usually long hours too, there will be a focus on hygiene, cleanliness and supporting the operation with drive and vigour. Coordinating with the chef team and reporting to the Hotel Manager, you will be overseeing the entire operation including the stewarding team, and have the talent to multi-task and flutter from location to location in the resort ensuring there is effective ‘check-up’ in each food operation outlet. You will be ‘hot’ on food and beverage costs ensuring the GP’s are appropriately managed. You eye will be keen on looking for ways to cut wastage and enhance revenue generation in the resort too. Working in a hot and humid arena, there will be challenges, stress and demands on a daily basis. This just adds to the excitement of the role and adventure.
YOU The Exceptional Candidate
You will have experience of:
- Working in a large multi-site food and beverage outlet resort, large hotel, cruise liner as an F&B Director (or more senior) where the property has more than 7 F&B outlets
- Experience of leading a multi-cultural team of 150+
- International exposure to working in the Caribbean, Middle East, Cruise Liner or similar
- Very strong leadership
- Exceptional with hygiene and health-care – HACCP / USPH or similar qualifications
- Focussed on Service Excellence and ensuring the Guest has an AMAZING experience
- High attention to detail (this will show in your resume / CV)
- Web-links and clear descriptions of the number of F&B outlets you managed listed on your CV
- You like the sunshine! J
You will be very savvy in hygiene, HACCP, perhaps USPH or similar cleanliness regulations. Able to work in very warm climates, you will enjoy adventure, change, adaptation and realising the best guest service experiences possible. You will be a keen ‘trainer’ and a professional whom is able to share a message effectively and clearly.
You will happily be a company ambassador and able to talk in front of a large room to share a morning meeting or able to facilitate a session on ‘Guest Service’ with PowerPoint or the like. You will be well presented and sharp in mind. Your energy will be exciting and your passion to grow in the company will be evident. Your hard working drive will be infectious…is this you?
If this really great opportunity is for you and you match the requested work history and background for the role, please send me your up to date and professional CV. Kindly ensure it has all of your contact details clearly listed with the correct telephone numbers on too!
I am here to help should you have any questions and I look forward to supporting your application. Should you need to contact me at any time, please feel free.
Please ensure all required fields are correctly filled in for your application to be received. Excite Recruitment will respond to confirm your CV/Resume submission has successfully reached us.